- Boston wealth gap – Recent study finds disparities divide along racial linesPosted 41 mins ago
- Boston ranks low in opportunity for Black and Latino ChildrenPosted 3 days ago
- Join us as a Volunteer Judge for City Champs!Posted 11 days ago
- Former BPD Chief Linskey invokes “The Will Of Allah” On TwitterPosted 13 days ago
- What If Black Lives Matter Showed Up To The St. Patrick’s Day Parade?Posted 14 days ago
- Black History Mobile Museum “Respect exhibit” NEU 3/26Posted 14 days ago
- Prof. Griff & ZaZa Ali “Black Women in Antiquity” NEU 3/26Posted 14 days ago
- DOJ Ferguson Report: Please Come To BostonPosted 14 days ago
- Let’s Have a Heart & Help DiDiPosted 17 days ago
- Increasing Diversity In STEM 3/28Posted 17 days ago
Blackstonian introduces U-Report
At the Blackstonian, we are always thinking of new ways to engage our community and provide opportunities for you to get involved.
Enter “U-Report” this is your chance to make and report the news like only you can.
If you see something happening in our community; a fire, car accident, good deed, community meeting, etc. Please capture the moment with your own recording device such as; phone, camera, video camera, audio recorder and send us the audio, photos or videos!!
We accept AUDIO (MP3), PHOTOS (JPG) and VIDEO (MP4, WMV, MOV, YouTube)
Please send your contact information as well as how you would like to be credited, or if you would like to remain anonymous.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time we will issue out a U-Report challenge other than that it’s all up to you and your creativity and curiosity.
A U-Report challenge may be something like if we have a storm coming in, who has the best storm photos?? or if its the Carnival, who has the best Carnival footage??
1) PLEASE. ABOVE ALL ELSE. Make sure you are SAFE. Example: Don’t get burned trying to get a close up of a fire or don’t get beat up or arrested trying to get a video of police misconduct. Remain a safe distance from whatever is going on and always be respectful and calm, do not instigate situations or insert yourself into the middle.
2) DO NOT SEND ANYTHING WITH IMPROPER MATERIAL. Use your common sense, submissions must be suitable for a wide range of ages or we will simply not run it. Example: A community meeting gets heated and someone uses a single random curse word = OK. You send video of yourself rapping on a corner and every other word is a profanity = FAIL.
3) Please make sure and send your contact info and how you will like to be credited.
Timothy Johnson 617-555-1212 cell email@example.com credit: TJohnson Photography & Video
You retain all rights to your audio, video, photos and will be properly credited.
Blackstonian reserves the right to accept or refuse any submission based on our sole discretion.