- The Archie Bunker Award: Stephen DonnellyPosted 14 hours ago
- Part II: Letter To DOJ To Investigate & Reform BPDPosted 2 days ago
- Confederate Flag vs. American Flag; What’s The Difference?!?Posted 7 days ago
- Pastor Bruce Wall Proposes State Of Emergency To Address ViolencePosted 7 days ago
- Red, Back & Green (RBG) Flag RaisingPosted 7 days ago
- KILLED BY THE POLICE: BOSTON & BEYONDPosted 8 days ago
- The Archie Bunker Award: Douglas SearsPosted 8 days ago
- Rev. Jeffrey Brown’s Ted Talk: A Dramatization Of Actual EventsPosted 8 days ago
- UPDATE: Mysterious & Controversial Posters Popping Up Around DudleyPosted 10 days ago
- A Roxbury Enclave To Be Named For Menino?!? NO WAYPosted 10 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603