- KKK Bombing Survivor to Talk at Roxbury Community College 4/29Posted 4 hours ago
- 237 Shot in Boston in One Year Since 2013 Boston Marathon – Final ReportPosted 4 hours ago
- Operation Prom Dress & Tuxedo “A Day At The Boutique” 4/26Posted 6 hours ago
- ZKS 2014 Lobster Fest 5/24Posted 7 hours ago
- Building On The Past 4/19Posted 7 hours ago
- Boston Banner Calls Rev. Rivers OutPosted 7 hours ago
- Carlos Henriquez To Be Released April 25thPosted 8 hours ago
- US marshals shut down unlicensed Boston radio stationPosted 8 hours ago
- Report: US Marshals Shut Down Boston Radio StationPosted 8 hours ago
- FCC, US Marshals Raid TOUCH 106.1 FMPosted 24 hours ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603