- Join us as a Volunteer Judge for City Champs!Posted 9 days ago
- Former BPD Chief Linskey invokes “The Will Of Allah” On TwitterPosted 11 days ago
- What If Black Lives Matter Showed Up To The St. Patrick’s Day Parade?Posted 12 days ago
- Black History Mobile Museum “Respect exhibit” NEU 3/26Posted 12 days ago
- Prof. Griff & ZaZa Ali “Black Women in Antiquity” NEU 3/26Posted 12 days ago
- DOJ Ferguson Report: Please Come To BostonPosted 12 days ago
- Let’s Have a Heart & Help DiDiPosted 15 days ago
- Increasing Diversity In STEM 3/28Posted 15 days ago
- From God To Gangsta: The Unraveling Of A ManPosted 20 days ago
- Commissioner Evans Responds To Diversity StatementsPosted 25 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603