- Public Event: 21st Century Comparative Analysis of Diversity in MA ReportPosted 2 weeks ago
- (VIDEO) Eyes On The Prize: Boston EpisodePosted 2 weeks ago
- Black Students At Boston Latin School Expose Racism #BLACKatBLSPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIDEO: Min. Louis Farrakhan Interview w/ Alex JonesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Boston #1 In Income InequalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- BPD Audit Report Reveals Problems With Overtime & DiversityPosted 3 weeks ago
- UMass Report Mortgage Lending to “Minorities” In Boston & MassachusettsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Domestic Violence, False Accusations & Property Damage Female on Male VideoPosted 4 weeks ago
- Suffolk County DA & BPD Release 2015 Homicide ReportPosted 4 weeks ago
- Boston Police Releases Data On Civilian Stops (FIO)Posted 4 weeks ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603