- Another Double Shooting in Dorchester Brings Total to 37 people Shot Since Boston MarathonPosted 11 hours ago
- Diversity in the Boston GlobePosted 21 hours ago
- Boston Mayor’s Race: And then there were 16Posted 2 days ago
- Brockton Neo-Nazi wanted to “Kill as many non-whites as possible”Posted 2 days ago
- Rep. Carlos Henriquez calls on BPD & leaders to address post-Marathon violencePosted 2 days ago
- Min. Farrakhan returns to Boston 6/22Posted 2 days ago
- Dr. Umar Abdullah Johnson returns to Boston 5/31Posted 2 days ago
- Double Shooting in Dorchester brings total to 35 since Boston MarathonPosted 2 days ago
- Proposed FY2014 Budget Amendments to Fund Education / Training, Shelter / Housing and Family Support ServicesPosted 7 days ago
- Rev. Jeremiah Wright in Boston Sun. 5/19Posted 7 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603