- Racial Disparities in MBTA Service – Throwback: Equal or Better: The Story of the Silver LinePosted 11 days ago
- Letter to DOJ: Investigate and help reform BPDPosted 15 days ago
- What Would Martin Luther King Do? #WWMLKDPosted 15 days ago
- Boston NAACP: Then & NowPosted 22 days ago
- New Website Launched MassPoliceReform.comPosted 23 days ago
- 16 yr. BPD Veteran Assaults Uber Driver, Yells Racial Slurs & Steals CarPosted 24 days ago
- VIDEO: Black Cop (1974 Documentary)Posted 30 days ago
- VIDEO: 12th Baptist – Officer Shooting Forum 12/18/14Posted 39 days ago
- Stick It To Em – Sticker Making Party for Demz, Mike Brown, Eric Garner and all victims of police brutality.Posted 43 days ago
- Walsh Administration Has Black Faces In High PlacesPosted 45 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603