- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice Appoints New Executive DirectorPosted 11 days ago
- Boycott Alert: Causeways Restaurant and Bar called out for Racist CommentsPosted 21 days ago
- Hate The Skin You’re In? Try Our Product!Posted 21 days ago
- Anonymous Flyer Calls Rev. Brown & Rev. Rivers “2015 Coons”Posted 23 days ago
- What he “did not” say to the HeraldPosted 23 days ago
- City of Boston Releases 2015 Workforce ReportPosted 29 days ago
- Community conversations highlight policing problemsPosted 30 days ago
- COPBLOCK’D: THE FIGHT AGAINST POLICE MISCONDUCT IN BOSTON CONTINUESPosted 31 days ago
- VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: Black & Blue pt. II 4/16Posted 35 days ago
- Forum in Roxbury looks at police, community tiesPosted 35 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603