- Shooting in Roxbury, 1 Arrest – 173 Shootings Since Boston MarathonPosted 2 days ago
- Three shot over the weekend; 172 Shootings Since Boston MarathonPosted 12 days ago
- 169 Shootings since Boston MarathonPosted 15 days ago
- BPD Release Shootings and Firearm Arrests DataPosted 21 days ago
- Community hopes for more dialogue with Mayor Elect Walsh and new commissonerPosted 29 days ago
- 164 Shootings Since Boston MarathonPosted 29 days ago
- The Grinder Episode 2: Jamarhl CrawfordPosted 36 days ago
- Blackstonian District City Council PicksPosted 37 days ago
- Days of Violence leave 7 shot in Boston; 161 Shootings Since Boston MarathonPosted 37 days ago
- BPD Report another Shooting Between Thurs. and Fri.; Woman Shot on VFW PKWY; 154 Shootings Since Boston MarathonPosted 43 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603