- Boston Re:Construction – The Illusion of InclusionPosted 6 days ago
- The #1 Guide For Non Alcoholic Drinks That Rock!Posted 10 days ago
- Allah Team Exclusive “FOI Series: Interview w/ Min. Don Muhammad, Minister of Boston Mosque #11Posted 10 days ago
- uCarmen & A Midsummer Night’s Dream Nov 10-22Posted 28 days ago
- FREEZE FRAME BLACK BOSTON: 2015 TIME FOR INCLUSIONPosted 47 days ago
- All About Boston BNN – Interview with Carlos HenriquezPosted 47 days ago
- Miss Hall’s School: STEAM Coord. Dir. of Eng. & Tech.Posted 47 days ago
- Medical Research Survey – $25 Amazon Gift CertificatePosted 59 days ago
- Jim Crow and the Legacy of Segregation Outside of the South Sep. 24Posted 74 days ago
- How can we learn to dream again? Mr. Joy Sep. 22 – Oct. 18Posted 78 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603