- VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: Black & Blue pt. II 4/16Posted 4 days ago
- 2014 CO-OP Annual ReportPosted 4 days ago
- Video Released In Humboldt Ave. Shooting Of BPD OfficerPosted 10 days ago
- Black & Blue pt. II – Town Hall Forum on PolicingPosted 12 days ago
- Dhoruba Bin Wahad @Tufts University 4/15Posted 12 days ago
- MAMLEO Community Forum – Law Enforcement Ethics: Empowering, Partnering & Educating CommunitiesPosted 12 days ago
- Exclusive Interview w/ Hassan SmithPosted 14 days ago
- Boston wealth gap – Recent study finds disparities divide along racial linesPosted 22 days ago
- Boston ranks low in opportunity for Black and Latino ChildrenPosted 25 days ago
- Join us as a Volunteer Judge for City Champs!Posted 33 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603