- Gun CountPosted 11 hours ago
- Black & Blue: Discussing The Relationship Between BPD & Communities Of ColorPosted 15 days ago
- Baystate Banner Publisher Melvin Miller’s NH Home Burns To GroundPosted 19 days ago
- Boston Wrong: Herald’s Racist Obama Cartoon Leaves Foul Taste In MouthPosted 19 days ago
- Proposed Boston City Council Pay Raises Are Not RealisticPosted 28 days ago
- Hip-Hop Art, Politics, Activism Discussion Wed. 10/1Posted 28 days ago
- Jobs Not Jails Reconvening Meeting Sat. 9/27Posted 28 days ago
- VOTE For Joseph Family To Win FOX 25 Home RenovationPosted 36 days ago
- City Of Boston Election Results – Tue. Sept. 9, 2014Posted 36 days ago
- BPD Asks For Help To Solve The Murder Of Shongi FernandesPosted 36 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603