- Jim Crow and the Legacy of Segregation Outside of the South Sep. 24Posted 22 days ago
- How can we learn to dream again? Mr. Joy Sep. 22 – Oct. 18Posted 26 days ago
- Robert Glasper Trio @Sculler’s Jazz Club Dec. 12Posted 34 days ago
- The Road To Wellness Roxbury 5K Walk/Run Sep. 12Posted 34 days ago
- Attorney General’s Community Action Hours Sep. 25thPosted 34 days ago
- VOTE! District 7 & District 4 Preliminary Elections – TUESDAY SEP. 8Posted 36 days ago
- SPINNING OUT OF CONTROLPosted 36 days ago
- Community Candidate’s Forum for Districts 4 and 7 – TONITE Sept. 3Posted 36 days ago
- Elevator Construction Apprenticeship Opportunity Deadline Sept. 11Posted 36 days ago
- Greet the children /1st day of school – Boston (Roxbury/Dorchester)Posted 36 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603