- Gun CountPosted 8 days ago
- Need Money For Witness Protection? One FundPosted 10 days ago
- Massachusetts Ranks 9th In US For HomelessnessPosted 11 days ago
- Roy Owens Is At It Again (Very Bad)Posted 12 days ago
- Israel Is WrongPosted 14 days ago
- These Families Deserve Justice And Answers TooPosted 15 days ago
- Opt-Out Of MBTA Service For Your Child In BPSPosted 15 days ago
- School Children On MBTA Buses Is A Bad MovePosted 15 days ago
- Boston City Councillor Ayanna Pressley Wins Liquor License VictoryPosted 16 days ago
- Out & About “Elma Lewis Playhouse In The Park”Posted 16 days ago
New campaign to Arrest & Jail Black & Brown boys for sagging pants
To be enforced in MASSACHUSETTS?
Arrest, Fines and Jail for Sagging Pants?!?
Blackstonian Editor’s Note:
I was shown this video PSA on Facebook and initially thought it was a joke. After I realized it was indeed serious, I became outraged. I was further shocked that this was coming from Mental Health Professionals who are surely aware of the rates of mass incarceration for Black & Latino boys and surely must be familiar with the School to Prison Pipeline and all the data that clearly indicates WE DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL TOOLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE TO FURTHER RACIALLY PROFILE, HARASS, SEARCH, ARREST AND INCARCERATE BLACK & LATINO BOYS (and now even some girls too).
The producers of this PSA are apparently attempting to force fit a few MA General Laws in this campaign.
MA General Laws
Chapter 272: Crimes against chastity, morality, decency and good order
Section 16: Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
Watch the video for yourself and if you are as outraged as I am contact the producers of this PSA
The Black Mental Health Alliance of Massachusetts, Inc, (BMHA)
Info@BMHAM.org | Phone: 857-615-8603