- Boston NAACP September Financial ReportPosted 4 hours ago
- Boston NAACP Should Undergo Good Faith Audit For CommunityPosted 1 day ago
- CO-OP (Community Ombudsman Oversight Panel) 2013 ReportPosted 1 day ago
- Black & Blue Report Back: Action Items from Oct. 11th MeetingPosted 3 days ago
- Gun CountPosted 5 days ago
- Black & Blue: Discussing The Relationship Between BPD & Communities Of ColorPosted 20 days ago
- Baystate Banner Publisher Melvin Miller’s NH Home Burns To GroundPosted 23 days ago
- Boston Wrong: Herald’s Racist Obama Cartoon Leaves Foul Taste In MouthPosted 24 days ago
- Proposed Boston City Council Pay Raises Are Not RealisticPosted 33 days ago
- Hip-Hop Art, Politics, Activism Discussion Wed. 10/1Posted 33 days ago
Business Insider Names Boston Among the Most Segregated Cities in America
Are we surprised? Boston Insider lists Boston as one of 21 Highly Segregated Cities in America clearly illustrated in maps using census data.
Boston’s black-white dissimilarity score is 67.8, according to a study of 2010 Census data by professors John Logan and Brian Stults of Brown and Florida State University. A score above 60 on the dissimilarity index is considered very high segregation.
The red dots show white people, blue is black, orange is Hispanic, green is Asian, and yellow is other, according to maps of 2010 Census data by Eric Fischer.