- Celtics Star Rajon Rondo, Co-owner Steve Pagliuca & Sun Life Financial Present $110,000 in Grants and ScholarshipsPosted 3 days ago
- Gov. Patrick Awards Cops Who Killed Latino Veteran In LynnPosted 3 days ago
- Mayor Walsh Statement On Pres. Obama’s Immigration Accountability Executive ActionPosted 3 days ago
- Enrollment & Outcomes of Black & Latino Males in Boston Public SchoolsPosted 9 days ago
- Meet the 20-Year-Old Who Built a YouTube Product Review EmpirePosted 9 days ago
- Brookline Parents Outraged By “Happy Slaves” In TextbookPosted 10 days ago
- Have A Say At What Happens With Dearborn SchoolPosted 25 days ago
- Pepper Spray For School Police Is Bad IdeaPosted 25 days ago
- Josh Wall Confirmation Hearing AudioPosted 26 days ago
- Jasiri X Live in Roxbury Sat. Nov. 8Posted 29 days ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.