- Computer Programming Basics: Python – May 2 – June 20Posted 1 week ago
- 20th Anniversary Criminal Justice Policy Coalition – 4/26Posted 1 week ago
- Summit on Race & Equity: A Call to Government & Community May 16-17Posted 1 week ago
- National State of Cannabis for People of Color 4/25 6-9pmPosted 1 week ago
- Travel SmahhtPosted 2 weeks ago
- HOW TO GET TO COACHELLA WITH $1KPosted 2 weeks ago
- MY TOP 6 FAVORITE BUSINESSES AT THE 2016 SMALL BUSINESS EXPO IN BOSTONPosted 2 weeks ago
- Roxbury Memory Trail Meeting – April 14Posted 2 weeks ago
- Community Justice Event – $20 for your time! Apr. 9Posted 3 weeks ago
- Help Fair Foods Replace Truck “Old Betty”Posted 3 weeks ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.