- Jim Crow and the Legacy of Segregation Outside of the South Sep. 24Posted 22 days ago
- How can we learn to dream again? Mr. Joy Sep. 22 – Oct. 18Posted 26 days ago
- Robert Glasper Trio @Sculler’s Jazz Club Dec. 12Posted 34 days ago
- The Road To Wellness Roxbury 5K Walk/Run Sep. 12Posted 34 days ago
- Attorney General’s Community Action Hours Sep. 25thPosted 34 days ago
- VOTE! District 7 & District 4 Preliminary Elections – TUESDAY SEP. 8Posted 36 days ago
- SPINNING OUT OF CONTROLPosted 36 days ago
- Community Candidate’s Forum for Districts 4 and 7 – TONITE Sept. 3Posted 36 days ago
- Elevator Construction Apprenticeship Opportunity Deadline Sept. 11Posted 36 days ago
- Greet the children /1st day of school – Boston (Roxbury/Dorchester)Posted 36 days ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.