- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice Appoints New Executive DirectorPosted 13 days ago
- Boycott Alert: Causeways Restaurant and Bar called out for Racist CommentsPosted 23 days ago
- Hate The Skin You’re In? Try Our Product!Posted 23 days ago
- Anonymous Flyer Calls Rev. Brown & Rev. Rivers “2015 Coons”Posted 25 days ago
- What he “did not” say to the HeraldPosted 25 days ago
- City of Boston Releases 2015 Workforce ReportPosted 31 days ago
- Community conversations highlight policing problemsPosted 32 days ago
- COPBLOCK’D: THE FIGHT AGAINST POLICE MISCONDUCT IN BOSTON CONTINUESPosted 33 days ago
- VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: Black & Blue pt. II 4/16Posted 37 days ago
- Forum in Roxbury looks at police, community tiesPosted 37 days ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.