- Public Event: 21st Century Comparative Analysis of Diversity in MA ReportPosted 2 weeks ago
- (VIDEO) Eyes On The Prize: Boston EpisodePosted 2 weeks ago
- Black Students At Boston Latin School Expose Racism #BLACKatBLSPosted 3 weeks ago
- VIDEO: Min. Louis Farrakhan Interview w/ Alex JonesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Boston #1 In Income InequalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- BPD Audit Report Reveals Problems With Overtime & DiversityPosted 4 weeks ago
- UMass Report Mortgage Lending to “Minorities” In Boston & MassachusettsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Domestic Violence, False Accusations & Property Damage Female on Male VideoPosted 4 weeks ago
- Suffolk County DA & BPD Release 2015 Homicide ReportPosted 4 weeks ago
- Boston Police Releases Data On Civilian Stops (FIO)Posted 4 weeks ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.