- Boston NAACP Should Undergo Good Faith Audit For CommunityPosted 7 hours ago
- CO-OP (Community Ombudsman Oversight Panel) 2013 ReportPosted 10 hours ago
- Black & Blue Report Back: Action Items from Oct. 11th MeetingPosted 2 days ago
- Gun CountPosted 4 days ago
- Black & Blue: Discussing The Relationship Between BPD & Communities Of ColorPosted 19 days ago
- Baystate Banner Publisher Melvin Miller’s NH Home Burns To GroundPosted 22 days ago
- Boston Wrong: Herald’s Racist Obama Cartoon Leaves Foul Taste In MouthPosted 23 days ago
- Proposed Boston City Council Pay Raises Are Not RealisticPosted 32 days ago
- Hip-Hop Art, Politics, Activism Discussion Wed. 10/1Posted 32 days ago
- Jobs Not Jails Reconvening Meeting Sat. 9/27Posted 32 days ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.