- Proposed Boston City Council Pay Raises Are Not RealisticPosted 8 days ago
- Hip-Hop Art, Politics, Activism Discussion Wed. 10/1Posted 8 days ago
- Jobs Not Jails Reconvening Meeting Sat. 9/27Posted 8 days ago
- VOTE For Joseph Family To Win FOX 25 Home RenovationPosted 15 days ago
- City Of Boston Election Results – Tue. Sept. 9, 2014Posted 15 days ago
- BPD Asks For Help To Solve The Murder Of Shongi FernandesPosted 15 days ago
- BPD Asks for Help To Solve the Murder of Adrian GonzalezPosted 15 days ago
- Gun CountPosted 16 days ago
- Adam Friedman: To honor Michael Brown, don’t make noise, make changePosted 35 days ago
- Gov. Patrick “Sick of unarmed, black men being shot by police”Posted 36 days ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.