- The Archie Bunker Award: Stephen DonnellyPosted 2 days ago
- Part II: Letter To DOJ To Investigate & Reform BPDPosted 3 days ago
- Confederate Flag vs. American Flag; What’s The Difference?!?Posted 8 days ago
- Pastor Bruce Wall Proposes State Of Emergency To Address ViolencePosted 8 days ago
- Red, Back & Green (RBG) Flag RaisingPosted 8 days ago
- KILLED BY THE POLICE: BOSTON & BEYONDPosted 8 days ago
- The Archie Bunker Award: Douglas SearsPosted 9 days ago
- Rev. Jeffrey Brown’s Ted Talk: A Dramatization Of Actual EventsPosted 9 days ago
- UPDATE: Mysterious & Controversial Posters Popping Up Around DudleyPosted 11 days ago
- A Roxbury Enclave To Be Named For Menino?!? NO WAYPosted 11 days ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.