- KKK Bombing Survivor to Talk at Roxbury Community College 4/29Posted 10 hours ago
- 237 Shot in Boston in One Year Since 2013 Boston Marathon – Final ReportPosted 10 hours ago
- Operation Prom Dress & Tuxedo “A Day At The Boutique” 4/26Posted 12 hours ago
- ZKS 2014 Lobster Fest 5/24Posted 13 hours ago
- Building On The Past 4/19Posted 13 hours ago
- Boston Banner Calls Rev. Rivers OutPosted 13 hours ago
- Carlos Henriquez To Be Released April 25thPosted 14 hours ago
- US marshals shut down unlicensed Boston radio stationPosted 14 hours ago
- Report: US Marshals Shut Down Boston Radio StationPosted 15 hours ago
- FCC, US Marshals Raid TOUCH 106.1 FMPosted 1 day ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.