- Gun CountPosted 7 days ago
- Need Money For Witness Protection? One FundPosted 9 days ago
- Massachusetts Ranks 9th In US For HomelessnessPosted 11 days ago
- Roy Owens Is At It Again (Very Bad)Posted 11 days ago
- Israel Is WrongPosted 14 days ago
- These Families Deserve Justice And Answers TooPosted 14 days ago
- Opt-Out Of MBTA Service For Your Child In BPSPosted 14 days ago
- School Children On MBTA Buses Is A Bad MovePosted 14 days ago
- Boston City Councillor Ayanna Pressley Wins Liquor License VictoryPosted 15 days ago
- Out & About “Elma Lewis Playhouse In The Park”Posted 16 days ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.