- Development & Displacement in Boston 7/29Posted 7 days ago
- RoxVote Cookout With The Candidates 7/31Posted 7 days ago
- 28th Annual Charles C. Yancey Book Fair 8/30Posted 7 days ago
- Gun CountPosted 22 days ago
- How’d We Miss This? “White Men Who Can Jump?”Posted 25 days ago
- Hollywood Sanitizes Boston Busing Racist HistoryPosted 32 days ago
- Drugs At Concerts? Popped A Molly They SweatinPosted 34 days ago
- Gov. Patrick Signs Minimum Wage Increase To $9/Hr.Posted 34 days ago
- Roxbury Community College 1st Annual Roxbury Rocks Music Festival 7/19Posted 35 days ago
- Boston Museum of Fine Arts Returns Stolen Artifacts To NigeriaPosted 35 days ago
CITY HALL RALLY: 100 Shootings since Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
|August 5, 2013|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
100 Shootings since the Boston Marathon – #OneBoston ? #BostonStrong ?
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/558904564155093/
In light of our count of the shootings since the Boston Marathon reaching the sobering milestone of at least 100 shootings since April 15 2013, we call upon citizens of good will and good faith to unify to say that every life is precious, no life worth more than another and one life lost is too many.
The Blackstonian has consistently highlighted the devaluation of Black/Brown life in the city of Boston by comparing the response to the Boston Marathon with the “normal” response to everyday “regular violence.” The most recent case of the murder of Amy Lord has also brought to light a different set of disparities in the response of law enforcement. For this reason the Blackstonian is calling all citizens of good conscience to City Hall Plaza on Monday August 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm to show our resolve in combating violence and rallying in support of solutions.
Endorsing Organizations: Blackstonian.com, Voices of Liberation, Organize the Hood Boston, 10,000 Strong Boston, BloodSkinLand Productions, Young Gifted and Black Movement, Grassroots Grind Group, Pen & Sword Political Pirates, Greatest Minds, National Black College Alliance.