- Valerie R. Roberson named new RCC PresidentPosted 18 hours ago
- Another Double Shooting in Dorchester Brings Total to 37 people Shot Since Boston MarathonPosted 1 day ago
- Diversity in the Boston GlobePosted 2 days ago
- Boston Mayor’s Race: And then there were 16Posted 3 days ago
- Brockton Neo-Nazi wanted to “Kill as many non-whites as possible”Posted 3 days ago
- Rep. Carlos Henriquez calls on BPD & leaders to address post-Marathon violencePosted 3 days ago
- Min. Farrakhan returns to Boston 6/22Posted 3 days ago
- Dr. Umar Abdullah Johnson returns to Boston 5/31Posted 3 days ago
- Double Shooting in Dorchester brings total to 35 since Boston MarathonPosted 3 days ago
- Proposed FY2014 Budget Amendments to Fund Education / Training, Shelter / Housing and Family Support ServicesPosted 8 days ago
Hundreds of students walk out of Madison Park High
Madison Park High School Walk Out Feb. 7, 2013 Hundreds of students of Madison Park High School Walk Out in protest of the sudden dismissal of their Principal Queon Jackson
- Posted 107 days ago
Black Educators (BEAM) Statement on Teacher Diversity in Boston Public Schools
The diversity of the city of Boston and of the students served by the Boston Public Schools is not reflected in the teachers serving in the schools. More than half the residents of Boston are people of...
- Posted 169 days ago
Inspector General reveals major problems in BPS textbook buying
Office of the Inspector General investigation reveals major problems in Boston Public School textbook buying The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) received a complaint that Boston Public Schools (BPS) paid significantly more for textbooks because it had...
- Posted 409 days ago
Principal suspended in wake of aide allegations
Principal suspended in wake of aide allegations By Marie Szaniszlo and O’Ryan Johnson | Saturday, December 17, 2011 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Local Coverage ACCUSED: Teacher’s aide LaShawn Hill appears in Dorchester District...
- Posted 524 days ago
Boston schools hit with civil rights complaint
By Associated Press BOSTON – A coalition of lawyers and educators has filed a federal civil rights complaint against the Boston public schools over a school closure plan it says discriminates against black and Latino students. The Boston Bar...
- Posted 814 days ago
Schools boss plans closings, mergers
By Edward Mason Thursday, October 7, 2010 Hub schools chief Carol R. Johnson is proposing shuttering six struggling schools, merging others, and launching new city-controlled charter schools, part of a sweeping program to improve the city’s struggling schools. Johnson,...
- Posted 960 days ago
Facing the past
BOSTONJUSTIN A. RICE This was Horace Small’s response when he heard the results of a recent Northeastern University study that found Greater Boston to have some of the most racially segregated schools in the nation: “What … else...
- Posted 961 days ago