- Boston Mayor’s Race: And then there were 16Posted 10 hours ago
- Brockton Neo-Nazi wanted to “Kill as many non-whites as possible”Posted 11 hours ago
- Rep. Carlos Henriquez calls on BPD & leaders to address post-Marathon violencePosted 12 hours ago
- Min. Farrakhan returns to Boston 6/22Posted 13 hours ago
- Dr. Umar Abdullah Johnson returns to Boston 5/31Posted 13 hours ago
- Double Shooting in Dorchester brings total to 35 since Boston MarathonPosted 23 hours ago
- Proposed FY2014 Budget Amendments to Fund Education / Training, Shelter / Housing and Family Support ServicesPosted 5 days ago
- Rev. Jeremiah Wright in Boston Sun. 5/19Posted 5 days ago
- Smith & Wesson named #1 on 2013 Globe 100 listPosted 6 days ago
- Lynn Pastor faces charges of sexually abusing 5 childrenPosted 6 days ago
Proposed FY2014 Budget Amendments to Fund Education / Training, Shelter / Housing and Family Support Services
The recently released MA FY2014 budget proposal from the Senate Ways and Means Committee has come under fire from local organizations for the deep cuts made in social service, job training and self sufficiency programs aimed at...
- Posted 5 days ago
Boston Black Agenda 2013
To construct a local Boston Black Agenda that will address the myriad of issues facing African-Americans living in Boston. Once created, the Boston Black Agenda will serve as a blue print to addressing these issues and...
- Posted 38 days ago
Athletes Need Education for Life, Not Eligibility at Any Cost
By Jean Boyd – The Chronicle “Oh, so you’re the person who keeps all the players eligible.” I often hear that when I meet someone for the first time and the conversation turns to what I do...
- Posted 162 days ago
College Majors of the Future?
By: Jeff Selingo (LinkedIn) Kids get asked the question from elementary school to high school: “What do you want to be when you grow up?” If they followed through on their answers into adulthood, we would have...
- Posted 224 days ago
Field of study has major impact on career earning potential
Phoenix Business Journal by Dennis Domrzalski Earning a bachelor’s degree can have a big impact on how much people earn over the course of a career, but so can the field of study, according to a report...
- Posted 224 days ago
Rethinking what leads to success in education
By: Greg Toppo (USA TODAY) After failed education policies for decades, scientists, economists and educators looking at roles optimism, perseverance and grit play. October 3. 2012 – In the late 1960s, Stanford University psychologist Walter Mischel sat...
- Posted 230 days ago
Let’s Expand Our Definition of Education After High School
By Jeff Selingo (The Chronicle) Much is made of President Obama’s goal that by 2020, the United States will lead the world in the proportion of college graduates. Less often discussed is that the president and others...
- Posted 240 days ago
Why College Isn’t a Bubble
By: Jordan Weissmann (The Atlantic) … and why we should still think of new ways to educate young adults College skeptics are whipping out the B-word. Many students are bulking up on loans and coming up empty...
- Posted 253 days ago
Listening to Complainers Is Bad for Your Brain
BY: Minda Zetlin (INC.) Exposure to nonstop negativity actually impairs brain function. Here’s how to defend yourself. Do you hate it when people complain? It turns out there’s a good reason: Listening to too much complaining is...
- Posted 272 days ago
Don’t Confuse Technology With Teaching
By Pamela Hieronymi (The Chronicle) This spring, Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology announced a $60-million venture to offer free classes online. Just last month the University of California at Berkeley said it would also...
- Posted 282 days ago